Here's your daily dose of Kansas City sports news...
Royal luck continues with Farnsworth injury.
The MLB trade deadline date is coming on Saturday and the Royals are racking up the injuries. First it was David DeJesus who was drawing the interest of nearly every team it seemed.
Done for the year with a thumb injury (technically could return in late September).
Then it was Gil Meche, who hadn't drawn much interest because of his salary but was reportedly in on some trade talks with the Mets.
Now it's Kyle Farnsworth. He exited Tuesday's game with what the Royals are calling a hamstring cramp which isn't serious but, considering what's happened recently, it makes you wonder how serious it is.
Check out Royals Review for more Royals news.
Chiefs training camp starts in 48 hours
Well, it's a little over 48 hours but on Friday afternoon the Kansas City Chiefs will take the field for their first camp practice of the year.
The optimism is riding high right now.
There are four unsigned rookies remaining -- 1st rounder Eric Berry, 2nd rounders Dexter McCluster and Javier Arenas and third rounder Jon Asamoah.
Expect all of them except Berry in camp on time. Berry should be signed in the first week.
Check out Arrowhead Pride for more Chiefs news.
Missouri at the Big 12 media days, from a KU perspective
SB Nation's Rock Chalk Talk has taken a closer look at Mizzou and Big 12 media days and lists the worst things that could happen to Mizzou in 2010:
- Jared Crick continues the tradition of a Nebraska defender rolling up on Gabbert's ankle.
- Gary Pinkel misses the opening kick by 10 minutes due to a scheduling mix up.
- The leaner, quicker Derrick Washington doesn't bounce back to '08 form or even late '09 form.
- A&M derails the early season momentum with another win over Mizzou by the South.
- Kansas...Border War...loss...(Although I have to say I think MU is going to be very good)
Big 12 media days continue today with KU this afternoon.