By most metrics, the Kansas City is the worst team in the NFL. They are first in point differential (-172), tied for first in losses (12) and have scored the least amount of points of any team in the league (195). But with two games to go in the 2012 season, the Chiefs haven't locked up the No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. But with the Colts on Sunday and a road game in Denver to close out the season, everything points to Kansas City ending up at 2-14.
The Colts come to town in control of their own destiny, needing just one win to clinch an AFC Wild Card berth. Andrew Luck has impressed by most standards, but especially when you compare him to other first-year quarterbacks. With 20 touchdown passes this season, Luck trails only Russell Wilson (21) for most by a rookie QB. He should also break Cam Newtown's record of 4.051 passing yards by a rookie in the first half against the Chiefs.
Jamaal Charles has been the lone bright spot for Kansas City this season. After a knee blow-out ended his 2011 season early, the Chiefs Pro Bowler has returned to form, rushing for 1,239 yards this season. And with an injury possibly keeping Brady Quinn out this week in favor of Ricky Stanzi, the Chiefs may lean more heavily on their feature back.
Here's the rest of the NFL schedule for Week 16:
Saturday, December 22
- Raiders at Panthers, 1 p.m. ET, CBS
- Bills at Dolphins, 1 p.m. ET, CBS
- Bengals at Steelers, 1 p.m. ET, CBS
- Patriots at Jaguars, 1 p.m. ET, CBS
- Colts at Chiefs, 1 p.m. ET, CBS
- Saints at Cowboys, 1 p.m. ET, FOX
- Redskins at Eagles, 1 p.m. ET, FOX
- Rams at Buccaneers, 1 p.m. ET, FOX
- Chargers at Jets, 1 p.m. ET, CBS
- Titans at Packers, 1 p.m. ET, CBS
- Vikings at Texans, 1 p.m. ET, FOX
- Browns at Broncos, 4:05 p.m. ET, CBS
- Bears at Cardinals, 4:25 p.m. ET, FOX
- Giants at Ravens, 4:25 p.m. ET, FOX
- 49ers at Seahawks, 8:20 p.m. ET, NBC