Stew Milne-USA TODAY Sports
It's an easy recipe, but it's a necessary recipe.
No Super Bowl party is complete without a seven-layer dip.
It looks hard because of the seemingly never-ending list of ingredients, but if you can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you can make a seven-layer dip.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- 16 ounces of refried beans
- 1 1/4 ounces of taco seasoning (the hotter the better)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cheese (they make the Mexican blend for reasons like this, but you can do whatever you want. It's your cheese.)
- 1 cup salsa (once again, the hotter the better)
- 4 ounces of diced green chilies (can find these in a can)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- A couple of big bags of tortilla chips
This is what you do. It's fool-proof, trust me:
- In a bowl, combine the beans and taco seasoning. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of an 8-inch pan/serving dish.
- Layer on top, evenly, in this order: Sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, salsa, chilies and finish with the green onions.
- Eat with tortilla chips.