COLUMBIA, MO - JANUARY 28: Ricardo Ratliffe #10 of the Missouri Tigers dives forward as he is fouled by Robert Lewandowski #15 of the Texas Tech Red Raiders during the game on January 28, 2012 at Mizzou Arena in Columbia, Missouri. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)
Frank Haith's upstart Tigers earn a national stage for a huge Big 12 showdown with Kansas.
The "Border War" between Missouri and Kansas will take a national stage Saturday morning - and night - when ESPN's "College Gameday" visits Columbia in advance of the huge match-up between the No. 4 Tigers (20-2, 7-2 Big 12) and No. 8 Jayhawks (18-4, 8-1 Big 12). Here's a quick round-up of the buzz around both programs:
- Saturday's game will mark one of the few remaining match-ups between long, long time rivals Kansas and Missouri, with the Tigers move to the SEC. The Mizzou student paper laments the passing here.
- Courtesy of Missouri Sports Magazine, here's a breakdown of where fans can park and how to attend "Gameday."
- Check out the Columbia Missourian's photo gallery of Tiger students camping out for tickets to Saturday's game.
- Kansas is no stranger to Top 10 match-ups, but Missouri hasn't seen such success recently. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch profiles the Tigers' expectations for the huge game.
- Rock M Nation looks back at the good, old fashioned hate of the Border War's hardwood installments.
- On the other side, Rock Chalk Talk has some fun with photos of Mizzou-Kansas games past.
For more on the Kansas Jayhawks, check out Rock Chalk Talk. For more on the Missouri Tigers, go to Rock M Nation. For college basketball news and updates from across the nation, be sure to visit SB Nation's college hoops hub.