The Chiefs are in the midst of Organized Team Activities (OTA) and things seem to be going well. Other than Dwayne Bowe's slip-up a few weeks ago, there hasn't been any controversy out of Arrowhead this offseason.
Here's a quick rundown on what's been going down at Chiefs OTAs these days:
- The defense is further ahead of the offense. This is fairly standard these days
- The first team offensive line has been going like this: LT Brandon Albert, LG Brian Waters, C Rudy Niswanger (and Casey Wiegmann), RG Ryan Lilja, RT Ryan O'Callaghan. Other than the battle at center, those positions should stay the same heading into the season.
- Jamaal Charles and Brandon Flowers are sitting out with shoulder injuries. Both are the after-effects of an injury last year and both are precautionary.
- Matt Cassel looks bigger. He put on some weight this offseason -- but the good weight a/k/a muscle.
- Chris Chambers is the best receiver on the field these days.
- Dexter McCluster will line up anywhere but mostly as a receiver.
- Eric Berry was plugged into the first team on his second day. Expect him to stay there. A camp battle to watch will be Kendrick Lewis and Jon McGraw battling for the other safety spot.
As I said, things seem to be going eerily well. I suspect that will continue up into training camp.