The Kansas City Chiefs have won their first preseason game since Aug. 28, 2008.
That's the sentence I was going to write if the Eagles didn't go 80 yards in eight plays to beat the Chiefs.
Here are a few highlights and lowlights from the game.
- Chiefs defense dominated with five sacks and an interception. They had a terrific night.
- Dexter McCluster had eight carries and three receptions. He also had two 30+ kick returns. He had a good night.
- Andy Studebaker and Demorrio Williams each had two sack performances.
- Dwayne Bowe led receivers with four receptions for 32 yards and a touchdown.
- The Chiefs had a 16-play scoring drive.
- Jamaal Charles had a 20-yard reception and a 20-yard run.
- The Chiefs offense was very average. They didn't do anything particularly impressive throughout the evening and benefited from the strong play of the defense.
- On the Chiefs first three players, they fumbled twice losing one of them.
- Cameron Sheffield went down with a neck injury. He was carted off and we're not sure where that stands.
- The Chiefs allowed the Eagles to 80 yards in eight plays to win the game.