The 2012 London Olympics are officially over and in the medal count it was the United States who had a late surge to surpass China to win the overall medal count with 102, 46 of those medals being gold. As for the athletes who have local connections there were five athletes who won a medal.
Three of those five medals came from the men's basketball team who won gold, then there was a silver medal in the men's high jump and a gold medal in swimming.
Here are the athletes who won an Olympic medal:
• Kevin Durant, basketball, gold medal
• Russell Westbrook, basketball, gold medal
• James Harden, basketball, gold medal
• Erik Kynard, high jump, silver medal
• Shannon Vreeland, swimming, 4x200m freestyle relay, gold medal