clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

NFL Playoff Scenarios: 71% Chance For Jets-Chiefs, 54% Chance For Ravens-Colts

NFL playoff scenarios are coming out fast and furious right now with just one more week before we can look at the finished NFL playoff picture. There are now five teams that have clinched a playoff spot in the AFC -- New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kansas City Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens and New York Jets.

The Chiefs have a 71 percent chance of facing the Jets at Arrowhead Stadium in the wildcard round according to NFL Forecast. There's a 17 percent chance they face the Steelers and a 12 percent chance they face the Ravens. The Chiefs will be hosting a playoff game so those teams would be coming to Kansas City.

The other most likely scenario for the wildcard round has the Ravens visiting the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts still need to wrap up the division but, if they do and the Chiefs win as well, they'll be the fourth seed. They have a 54 percent chance of playing the Ravens in round one and a 27 percent chance its the Jets.

Pittsburgh has just a 27 percent chance it's playing at all in the wildcard round which means they're expected to win this weekend and lock up the No. 2 seed in the AFC and a first round bye.